great is Thy faithfulness

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning ; great is Your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22,23

These are well known verses. They are comforting and encouraging and beautiful. And yet. Do we actually believe them? Do I actually experience God's new mercies every morning? Do I see His incredible faithfulness that the Psalmist describes as reaching to the sky? If I really think about it, I know that it's there. But am I intentional about seeking out and finding God's faithfulness? 

No. I'm not. 

Which begs this question: if I know that God's faithfulness is there every day, why am I not intentional about seeing it and thanking Him for it? This was the question that I ran with tonight. As I watched the sunset, I rolled over in my mind, how I could be intentional about recognizing, seeing, and praising God for His great faithfulness.

I started naming signs of His faithfulness. You know, the big one's like the sun came up today in the East and set in the West. And I'm still breathing and moving. 

And then God asked me to see His faithfulness in the gravel on the road. Something so very ordinary and every day. Yet, it is the ordinary, every day things that speak of His faithfulness. Each piece of gravel was created by God. It was spoken into existence by Him and continues to exist because He holds the universe together. In the beginning, God separated the waters from the land. That piece of gravel is continual evidence that His word still holds true. 

This is all well and good, but how is this going to help me to live in awareness of His faithfulness every day? Enter the plan.

#100daysoffaithfulness (Yes, I did just use a hashtag in my blog post. What is becoming of me?!) I see a lot of people doing 100 happy days, and this is my spin on it. One hundred days of looking for, seeing, and finding God's faithfulness in the everyday. If you want to join me, or want to follow this journey of faithfulness, I will be posting on Instagram under @MeliKHill. 

My prayer is that God will be glorified as we proclaim His faithfulness, that we will become more aware of His faithfulness, that we would be encouraged by His faithfulness, and that we would have eyes to see His faithfulness all around us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!