declaring faithfulness

It's easy to declare God's faithfulness when things are going well. When life is going well according to my view, it is easy to see God as faithful. When life is all sunshine and blue skies I can sing God's praises from morning to evening. 

When there is a storm raging all around me, it is much more difficult to see God's faithfulness. When nothing seems to be going right, when life seems to be upside down, and when I can't see God's faithfulness I find it a great challenge to declare: "God is faithful." When I can't see His hand it becomes difficult for me to sing His praises. 

Yet, those are the moments that it is most important to declare that God is faithful. In those moments it is the most important to declare that God is faithful  because that is a powerful statement of our belief in God's character. 

Think about the moment when you feel the "ugliest," that moment when you feel absolutely no hint of beauty in yourself. Now imagine that in that moment someone whose opinion you completely value and trust speaks the truth that you are beautiful. How powerful is that statement in your life?!? 

That is what happens when we declare the character of God when we can't see it. When we can't see God's faithfulness, and yet we choose to declare that He is faithful, we make an incredibly powerful statement about what we believe about God. It is when we can't see God's faithfulness is the time when we need most to declare it. 

This isn't easy. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to learn how to do, and I still don't know that I have it at all figured out. I'm still learning this lesson, but I know that it is one of the most important that I can learn. 

God is faithful because He is God. That's all there is to it. His faithfulness isn't dependent upon my circumstances. His faithfulness is dependent upon His character which never changes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!