lessons from baseball


I just have to say this and get it out of the way. The Royals are going to the World Series!!!!!!!!! Love my boys in blue!!!! Seriously, my heart is just overflowing!!

Okay, now that that's done. . .

Actually, I'm going to talk about the Royals some more, but I promise that it has a purpose. I think the thing that I love the most about this team is that they don't give up on people, even when they probably should. Long after other teams would have dropped a player who is struggling, they hold on because they can see something there that we can't. (Billy Butler, I'm sorry for all the mean things I've said about you.)

I see in that the faithfulness of God because He doesn't give up on me, He doesn't give up on you, even when He probably should. He sees who we are and who we will become, and He doesn't give up on us. I know that there have been a lot of times in my life when, if I was in God's place, I would have given up on me. "She's never going to get it. She will never learn this lesson. She has so far to go. She is so far from what I want her to be."

And yet, God has never given up on me. Rather, much like Ned Yost defending Billy Butler, He has said the opposite. "She just going through a rough patch right now. I know she will come out of this. She is going to make it. She is going to figure it out."

So thank you, Royals, for not just restoring my faith in you, but also showing me the faithfulness of God. And thank you, God, for not giving up on me, even when I would have given up on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!