restoration

 


"Restore us again, O God of our salvation." - Psalm 85:4
 
"He restores my soul." - Psalm 23:3
 
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation." - Psalm 51:12
 
I am overcome by the faithfulness of the Lord to restore. This last spring as I was preparing to make a large life transition my pastor spoke a prophetic word over me. What he said was that God wanted to restore things to me, some that I didn't even know I had lost. It rang true in my heart, and as I have been going through this season, I have come more and more to recognize the deep truth of these words in my heart and my soul.
 
God has faithfully been recalling and reclaiming pieces of my soul and restoring to me the joy of His salvation. He has restored to me love, joy, peace, hope, belief, and so much more. He has restored to me relationships. He has restored to me trust in people. He has restored my hope.
 
Gone is the cynical, bitter edge to my thoughts and heart. Where I used to fight and struggle to remain soft, now the softness is just there. He has restored to me the true strength of being a woman,  being strong and yet soft.
 
Do I still struggle? Yes. Absolutely. But I am delighting in the faithfulness of God to restore so many things. I am delighting in realizing that I have received so many things back that I didn't even know I lost along the way. I am delighting in God who restores my soul.
 
My prayer for you today is that you would see God's hand at work bringing restoration to the broken places. My prayer is that you would be restored. And my prayer is that if you don't see that right now in your life that you would hold on because I know that God is faithful to bring restoration. He wants to restore you, and He wants to do it in a perfect time and way, so hold fast!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!