the faithful harvest


I am a farm girl. I grew up on a farm, and I will always be a farm girl at heart. I delight in wide open spaces and fields of green that ripen for the harvest. 

I was running last night, and I could smell the scent of soybean dust in the air. It is the final harvest season of this year. The soybeans and milo are being cut. The fields are ripe for the harvest, and the workers are busy at their tasks. 

Soon the harvest will be gathered in and the seeds of hope will be planted for the next season. There will be sowing so that there will be another harvest. 

The act of sowing and reaping is an act of trust in the faithfulness of God. We sow, but He is the one who causes it to grow. He is the one who is faithful to bring the harvest. Bringing in the harvest is a celebration of the faithful provision of God, and of His faithfulness to grow what we sow. 

Don't give up on sowing, for in due time there will be a harvest for God is faithful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!