a spring rain

I love running during spring thunderstorms for several reasons. The first is that it is quiet. No one else is out and around. It's just me, my thoughts and prayers and God. The second is that it is much cooler (temperature not coolness factor). But the third is probably my favorite. I love to run in a rainstorm because it speaks so greatly to my heart and soul about God. It reminds me of a time a couple years ago when I was in a similar situation which you can read about here.

Today God spoke to me of how His grace is like rain. He spoke to me from these verses: "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10,11. His grace does not return to Him empty. His grace changes everyone who encounters it.

He spoke to me of how He always molds me and shapes me in love and that when I feel pain, He feels pain. I prayed that He would set me like a seal upon His heart and that He would always mold my heart for His glory. He reminded me to hold on because His goodness is coming and I shall see it in the land of the living (Psalm 27:14).

Okay now for the big news. I am planning on running two more marathons this fall. The first one here and the second one here. I finally ordered new running shoes and should have them in the next couple of days. I kind of can't believe that I'm going to start this again, but on the other hand it really isn't that big of a surprise to me.

Peace out yo!

Comments

  1. you would love this Ugandan (not really but I heard it in Uganda so I associate it with Uganda) song.

    ug, can't find it. I'll keep you posted :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!