a jumble of random thoughts

"So you will be delivered from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words, who forsakes the companion of her youth and forgets the covenant of her God; for her house sinks down to death, and her paths to the departed; none who go to her come back, nor do they regain the paths of life." Proverbs 2:16-19

I've been thinking about these verses this morning. I love Proverbs and how many nuggets of wisdom are tucked away in those passages. The verses prior to these verses talk about seeking after wisdom and searching for it, crying out for it and storing it up. One of the benefits of that is that you will be delivered from the forbidden woman. I was thinking specifically about how it says that any who go to her do not regain the paths of life. 

There are five characteristics of femininity, they are: Mistress of the Domain, Helper/Completer, Life Giver, Lady Wisdom and Glory of Man. As a woman seeking after God, I am striving to fulfill all of these characteristics in my own life. 

My favorite aspect of my femininity is Life Giver. I referenced this in an earlier blog post. I love that I give life to people. That part of what I love about my job. That's what I love about my relationships. That's part of the reason I am excited to have children one day. I am called to give life in a dry, desert land. I am to be a place of nurturing and nourishment to the people around me. 

I was thinking about this in relation to these verses, and my heart broke a little bit for people who walk down this path. When women don't embrace that calling on their lives to be life giving, all who enter that way will not be able to return to the paths of life. 

Please, please, please don't take me to mean that someone who has committed adultery cannot be redeemed. That is not what I am attempting to address here, and I believe that all are able to be saved by the precious blood of Jesus. When reading the Bible and applying interpretation to it, the whole Bible must be taken into context. The Bible cannot contradict itself. Jesus had many conversations with those who were living lives of sin in this specific area and rather than condemn them He gave them new life. 

What I am saying is that a woman who does not embrace her feminine calling to be life giving is not going to be able to direct those around her to the paths of life because she has not found them herself. Be a Life Giver! 

On a completely unrelated note, I was thinking about counterfeits versus the real thing the other day when I was driving. I know how to spot a counterfeit 20 dollar bill (which is the most commonly counterfeited denomination) because I have studied money, and I know what the real one should look like. If it doesn't look like the real deal, you know it's a fake. 

I was thinking about this in relation to dating. I have guarded myself and put up many barriers in my life to protect me from ending up with a Bozo instead of a Boaz (terminology taken from this book). But the most important thing I have done is study the real deal. I have spent time studying men of God. I have spent time studying my amazing Godly dad. I have spent time studying men around me looking at their characteristics, and most importantly I have spent time studying the Word of God and what God says a man should be. I feel like I can humbly say I will be able to spot a fake because I know what the real deal looks like. 

And there we have it folks. . .my thoughts on this lovely first day of fall. I hope you have some wonderful fall-ish activities going on today. I made some yummy pumpkin cupcakes with salted buttercream frosting this morning for a fun gathering I'm going to tonight. I hope you are blessed today. Numbers 6:22-27 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Beauty

learning to savor

I say Hi!